Well, paperwork probably won’t be finished up this week (at least not before Friday), but everything is a go. I can’t go into details yet until everything is signed and proper; but, I will say is that the official start date is Nov 1st. From that point on, I’ll be on RogSys full time, with more resources at my disposal. I’m still not going to break out the champagne until all the paperwork is done though
I know in the past few months there hasn’t been too much progress (certainly not as much as I’d like). There are very specific reasons for this–it was necessary to get to this conclusion. I’ll explain more when I’m able. I’m confident though that it was very much worth the delay…
That said, I changed gears a bit yesterday. I decided to take a bit of a break from art and do some more work with regards to Oculus implementation. I started reorganizing the render pipe not long ago to easier support it, so I did some more work in that area. The good news is that with the changes I made Rift support will be no problem. The better news is that everything is WAY more efficient now. Bad news: I have to do some rework on interior to interior transitioning. It shouldn’t be too bad to get it cleaned up (I actually have it mostly working already).
Also, I had to do some scheduling over the weekend. I’m usually pretty organized, so this was mostly just detailing out what I already had. I really like to have clearly defined goals, and timelines to keep the pressure on–working without those for the past few months has been a bit disorienting. It’s good to be focused again
So, with that, I think I’ll close with something I said after the Kickstarter didn’t pan out–it wasn’t a wasted effort. Had it not been for that, and the work I did to support it, things wouldn’t be playing out now as they are now. We lost a bit of momentum in the interim, and it’s going to take some time to get that going again though. I don’t think that will be a problem a few months from now with some real progress to show….